Hello! Happy Friday!
Even though this week wasn’t particularly daunting, I still feel like I need a weekend.
I was thinking recently how I’d like to make it to the gym once a week, or something, but that I don’t want to pay a babysitter in order to get that done. Oh, well. There will come a day, I suppose, when I can go to the gym.
In the mean time, I have a yoga mat, weights, and an exercise bike. I lost all of the Ray-pregnancy baby weight with the exercise bike, and once again post-Patrick (though that was much easier… Preeclampsia and hormonal eating suuuuuuuuck).
- Having a “home gym” option doesn’t have to be crazy expensive! I wouldn’t have put off getting an exercise bike for so long if I’d realize we could get one for just 124 bucks from amazon.
Exercising at home can be effective and affordable–check it out.
- In that same vein, NYT had a neat article on exercising and aging.
- Heck, yes! The Oxford comma matters!
- The Hubster has taken to listening to this marimba version of the Legend of Zelda theme over and over again in his office while he writes, grades, professor-stuffs, etc.
- One of my sisters is a music composure and film student. She graduates in, like, two weeks or something, and then she’s going to graduate school in film composition. She’s totally awesome, and she and a friend did a silly video that you should check out.
- She also wrote this beautiful piece of music, and you should definitely listen to it.
- Another one of my sisters works with Story International in Guatemala. Currently, she is a teacher at an orphanage/school. If you feel so inclined, please donate to them so they can continue to reach these children.
- ALSO! If you patiently exam all your options, you can find cute interior design options at Walmart (yes, Walmart).
The hand towel was a Target about a year ago, but the rug is new! I needed a kitchen rug to catch all the little splashes of doing dishes and provide some comfort for my feetsies. I found this one at Walmart and was pleasantly surprised! It works super well with the blues and whites in my kitchen 🙂
Have a great weekend!