This morning, I decided to attempt something daring–fix my keyboard.
I’ve been using my keyboard during church small group to lead hymns, and I was disappointed to find that the G, F, and E keys below middle C were sticking, which pretty much makes playing any song impossible.
The keyboard is more than 10 years old, so I figured there was a good chance it was simply broken.
I had nothing to lose… so I opened it up!
At one point in my life, I never would’ve dared to open up an electronic device with the hopes of fixing it, but I’ve become more daring when it comes to fixing things 🙂
Thankfully, the problem was not electronic. If it were, I wouldn’t have a way to know, or the know-how to fix it.
This was the culprit:
A Tinkertoy lodged underneath the keys, making them stick.
It didn’t get there by itself… I’d guess that Patrick is probably the real culprit here, but I don’t know that for sure, so I’m not blaming him 😉
By far, the hardest part of the project was dealing with the screws. The frame is old and but out of shape, so I ended up with three screws leftover.
Hopefully they’re not too important…
The keyboard works! Feeling pretty proud of myself, tbh.